A Message to Our Valued Customers
March 31, 2020
Red Ram’s primary concern is the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and the community that we operate in. With the widespread emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking strict precautionary measures to remain safe and operational.
Health Canada has issued strict warnings and guidelines for anyone that has travelled outside the country or is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has potentially been exposed to the virus. These MANDATORY LAWS are in place to protect everyone. Please respect these laws and if any of them pertain to you we ask that you refrain from visiting our location at this time.
If you are unable to visit our location, due to isolation or quarantine laws, we can still get you the parts you need!
We continue to monitor the situation and have made updates to our policies and procedures to help mitigate the risk of spreading of the virus.
Precautionary measures include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring any direct customer contact is in accordance with customer directives and those of public health agencies (social distancing).
- While our building remains open to customers, we require all traffic into our building to enter through the Parts Entrance (located on the South Side of the Main Building). All other doors will be locked.
- Increasing sanitization of all high touch surfaces in our facilities, including customer touchpoints such as parts counters, door handles and merchant machines.
- Reinforcing and enhancing our already rigorous standards and operating procedures for health, safety and hygiene.
- A web-based merchant payment process for all credit card transactions. This will enable our customers to pay through our website instead of having to use our traditional onsite merchant machine.
- Communicating with our employees to ensure they follow public health authority directives regarding monitoring, reporting and testing.
- Prescribing a 14-day self-isolation for every employee who has returned from an international destination on or after March 12, has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has had direct contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Implementing policies and procedures to protect and support affected employees, and ensure their health, safety, and wellbeing.
We are committed to ensuring that the essential service of keeping trucks and trailers working is upheld during these challenging times. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Thank you, stay healthy and safe.
The Red Ram Team